Vanellope Von Schweetz

“HELP. I need a Sasuke wig, STAT!” Our community will help you choose the perfect Arda wig.

Vanellope Von Schweetz

Postby veramahi » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:50 pm

Hi there! I've been having a hard time deciding what wig base to buy for Venellope Von Schweetz.
I'm wanting to be able to raise the pony tail high (like shown above), so i'm stuck between the Jasmine, Jeanie, and Chibi. The Chibi could work if I pulled it back into one pony tail, plus it's a little longer that the Jeanie without the clip. Also, the bangs are shorter, making them easier to style. If you have any other bases in mind, feel free to mention! :D Thanks!
veramahi

Re: Vanellope Von Schweetz

Postby Gale » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:21 am

I've never tied a Chibi into a single ponytail myself, but I would be worried it would be very hard to keep it from coming out lumpy. Honestly I would go with the Jeannie or Jasmine. You can always take the clip part off the ponyclip and attach it differently if the clip is too bulky, but her hair is so full I'm not sure that would be a huge issue. I would warn that Jeannie doesn't do especially high ponytails, at least not well, because the hair is so layered, so your best bet is probably a Jasmine.
Image Do you have a cosplay "horror story" you'd like to share? Submit here!
Gale

Postby veramahi » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:54 am

On Arda's Useful Photos post I found this:
http://kingdom-arts.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=133&start=10#p1684
She mentioned it was quickly pulled up into the ponytail, making it lumpy. Maybe if I straitened it before hand, it wouldn't be so lumpy? The only problem with the Jasmine, for me, is having to trim so much hair off.
veramahi

Postby Gale » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:16 pm

Huh. Good to know! In that case yes you could go with the Chibi quite successfully. The lumpiness there is just caused by the fibers having a memory of the style they were shipped in (as opposed to being caused by the part as I worried before seeing Emily's picture). From what I understand you can get that issue with any of the ponytail wigs. I don't know offhand the best way to relax them, but it may be as simple as taking down the pigtales and letting it rest a bit.
Image Do you have a cosplay "horror story" you'd like to share? Submit here!
Gale

Postby repto » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:54 pm

If you watch the tutorial on the website regarding "Bag Hair" you'll see how to solve the problem.

Here's the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhbSX7KF ... e=youtu.be

Here's a great cosplay of Vanellope, btw, using an Arda Jeannie:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater
The family that cosplays together, laughs together. A lot.
repto

Return to Find the Perfect Wig!