MLP Princess Luna wig!

“HELP. I need a Sasuke wig, STAT!” Our community will help you choose the perfect Arda wig.

MLP Princess Luna wig!

Postby Lycoris » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:13 am

Cross-posted from cos.com~

Sometime in the distant future, I'll be doing a humanized version of Luna from My Little Pony. There's two problems I've run into. First, her hair has two drastically different appearances. THIS the first time she actually appears, and THIS when she shows up again much later. I'm leaning towards the first style simply because it's easier to do and I like it better. On the other hand, I think the second might be more recognizable? I'm really not sure which to go with, and have no idea how to style that second one.

Regardless, both come with color issues, which is my second problem. I was thinking of using a Ferrari in Electric Purple as a base for the second, but I'm not sure. The first is driving me crazy. Periwinkle seems a bit too light though I think it's the closest, Aqua is too bright, and Slate Blue looks too dark.

Basically, any help with any of this is much appreciated.
Lycoris

Re: MLP Princess Luna wig!

Postby Kitsune Hazard » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:10 am

Never an easy one, but I know the pain in trying to find the right colors. Having stared at Luna and Nightmare Moon for a good 40+ hours due to AMV making I've gotten really used to her coloring...so there's hope! (I think...)

For Luna's actual mane color you could go with the Royal Blue, seems to me that it's a bit closer to the actual mane color from the Ep2 of Season1.

That said, if you wanted to go with the the more celestial mane...you could do the Royal Blue and then clip in something that's Grape in color to give the two tone look to it. If you wanted the full shimmering effect, probably would have to go to large glitter or something that you could sprinkle and maybe seal with something that would hold it.
Cons Coming up: Steel City Con, A&G Ohio, Tekkoshocon, MarCon, ColossalCon, AnthroCon, Otakon, BroNY Con Summer, Dragon*Con, GMX, NekoCon
Cons Completed: OhayoCon, Katsucon
Kitsune Hazard

Postby Lycoris » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:51 am

Kitsune Hazard wrote:Never an easy one, but I know the pain in trying to find the right colors. Having stared at Luna and Nightmare Moon for a good 40+ hours due to AMV making I've gotten really used to her coloring...so there's hope! (I think...)

For Luna's actual mane color you could go with the Royal Blue, seems to me that it's a bit closer to the actual mane color from the Ep2 of Season1.

That said, if you wanted to go with the the more celestial mane...you could do the Royal Blue and then clip in something that's Grape in color to give the two tone look to it. If you wanted the full shimmering effect, probably would have to go to large glitter or something that you could sprinkle and maybe seal with something that would hold it.

Speaking of the sparkly bits... I was thinking of incorporating a veil of some sort attached to the crown, to at as the transparent purple stuff her hair has, if I go that route. I was going to make the costume vaguely medieval-ish anyway, so I think it would work pretty well together. I might go the second-appearance route after all XD
Lycoris

Postby Kitsune Hazard » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:48 pm

That sounds like it could work very well! Definitely keep us posted on things go with it!

Would love to see how it turns out either way!
Cons Coming up: Steel City Con, A&G Ohio, Tekkoshocon, MarCon, ColossalCon, AnthroCon, Otakon, BroNY Con Summer, Dragon*Con, GMX, NekoCon
Cons Completed: OhayoCon, Katsucon
Kitsune Hazard

Postby Antiquated Lace » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:35 pm

If you use a veil to describe her hair, you could also do some elaborate braiding in the wig to keep it from getting scraggly ;) The glittery tulle that you might use is scratchy, so it might affect the wig after an hour or so. Just an idea! Would go along with a medieval outfit, too
It'll probably take me five sentences to get to the point, sorry
Antiquated Lace

Return to Find the Perfect Wig!